Friday, May 18, 2007

Rudeness: The Contest

I used to hang out at coffee shops for bohemian inspiration. Now I hang out there to laugh at people. And to feed my caffeine habit.

I was at such an establishment today. It's your typical mega-corporate book store with an embedded cafe and pastry shop. A woman walked in, obviously to return something. Almost immediately, a long haired, scruffy guy jumped out of his seat and approached her.
Scruffy: "Did you just park in a handicapped spot?"
Woman: "Yes."
Scruffy: "I don't see any handicap tags on your car. My wife is handicapped."
Woman: "Does she need the spot?"
Scruffy: "No."
Woman: "Then I'll move it in a second."
Scruffy: "It's not like you couldn't use the exercise."
My take on this: Of course the woman should not have parked in the handicap spot. But Parking-Police-Scruffy-with-the-chip could have departed the victor if it were not for his final comment.

Rudeness abounds. But look -- I did find inspiration. At least for this rant. Happy Friday.

No comments: