Saturday, October 6, 2007

Airline Review (part 2): Virgin America First Class

In a continuation from the previous post, I wanted to comment on Virgin America's First Class cabin. I was lucky enough to be in 'the big seats' on the redeye home from San Francisco last night.

Impressions: Again, wow. Super comforatable seats (it was the best sleep I had ever had on a redeye) and terrific service to match. The dinner served (I had shrimp in a red sauce over rice) was pretty darn good.

As one would expect, the ala carte nature of the main cabin does *not* extend to the front of the plane. All drinks, food, and movies are complimentary. The same ammenities (110 outlets, video on demand) are found here as in coach, but there real difference maker is the seats. Plenty of room to stretch out, work and relax. I would have been asleep immediately had I not wanted to wait for the food service.

Complaints? None, really. Although I am amazed that a company that can spend so much attention to detail and style will put their flight crew (including the pilots) in uniforms that remind me of the work clothes that the janitor of my elementary school wore. Not that I am anything of a fashionista....

No comments: