Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hey -- I want an iPhone

Here we go again. Geek techno-lust takes over and I fixate on the new shiny object.
I want an iPhone. Or do I? My pros and cons:
Pro: It's way cool
Con: Cingular/ATT service is minimal in my area

Pro: I have already made the leap to Mac and iTunes.
Con: I have been fighting single vendor buy in for years

Pro: I find the promise of a unified device very exciting
Con: I am skeptical. My Blackberry plays music and takes pictures -- and neither one well.

Pro: From what I have seen, the service offerings look reasonable.
Con: I have another year on my T-Mo contract.

Pro: Did I mention that it's cool?
Con: It will be my third phone in under a year. I am getting tired of re-buying accessories.

Perhaps I just wait until it's been out for a while. (I often say that as I am on my way to purchase a new gadget).